Download the Blockless App for Windows 8 and skip the setup!
Install our DNS with one click and always keep your account linked.
This article shows you how to setup Blockless Smart DNS on Windows 8.
Step by Step Guide
- You will first need to access your Control Panel; this can be found through the App Search Feature or your Windows Explorer.
- From here you will then select the "Network and Internet" option
- Select the "Network and Sharing Center".
- On the left hand side you will now click on the "Change Adapter Settings".
- Double click on the Network that you are accessing and wish to use the Blockless DNS numbers with.
- You will now see an overview of your selected Networks status; on the bottom left of this windows select the "Properties" Tab.
- From the "Network Properties" window you will want to scroll down to the bottom where you will see both:
"Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)"
"Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
First make sure to unselect the box beside "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and then double click on where it says: "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
Before you double click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" your check boxes should match up with the screen shot below.
- By default, Windows will be set to "Obtain the DNS server's address automatically", change this setting to the manual settings by selecting "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter our DNS #'s:
Preferred DNS: 18.104.22.168
Alternate DNS: 22.214.171.124
- Once you have entered the new DNS field information you will want to select the "Validate settings upon exit" checkbox and click "Ok".
- Your computer will run the following Network Diagnostic and come up with the following screen. Select "Close" at the bottom right of screen and you have just completed the Blockless Setup.
After you have completed setting up Blockless Smart DNS, make sure you restart your device. You may also need to power cycle your device, modem and router to ensure your DNS cache has been cleared.