This article shows you how to setup Blockless Smart DNS on Sony Blu-Ray player.
Step by Step Guide
- From the “Setup” menu scroll down and select “Network Settings”
- You will now want to select “Internet Settings”
- This screen should read “Please select how to set up the IP address and proxy server settings of the unit.”, at this screen you will select “Custom”
- From here the screen may read “Do you want to set the IPv6 address?”, select “No”
- This should bring you to the option to set up the IPv4 address, select the “Custom” option
- You will then be prompted to select your “IP Address Setting”, select “Auto”
- The next step will be to specify your “DNS Settings”, here you will want to select “Specify IP address”
- In the Primary DNS and Secondary DNS option enter our following DNS Numbers:
Primary DNS #: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS #: 126.96.36.199
- Once you have entered our DNS numbers you will press the right direction arrow on your remote to Continue to the next menu. Pressing the select button will drill into the DNS number settings and not take you to the next screen.
- You will then be prompted with the option to use a “Proxy Server”, the correct response to this question is “No”
- Verify our DNS Numbers have been entered correctly in the Network Summary Page and use the right direction arrow again to move on and confirm
- The final step is to select “Save & Connect”
After you have completed setting up Blockless Smart DNS, make sure you restart your device. You may also need to power cycle your device, modem and router to ensure your DNS cache has been cleared.