This article shows you how to setup Blockless Smart DNS on Philips Blu-Ray player.
Step by Step Guide
- First step is to make sure you are in the “Home Menu” and then select the “Setup” option
- From here you want to scroll down to “Network Setup” and select “Network Installation” and then the “Start” option
- Select either “Wired” or “Wireless” depending on the internet connection you are using with your Philips device
- Choose the “Auto Scan” feature to search and sign in to your network. This will require you to enter your networks password if it is a secure connection. Once the network and password have been entered select the “Continue” option
- The next screen will give you two options, either “Auto Setup” or “Manual Setup”, you want to choose “Manual Setup”
- You should now be viewing your network settings, scroll down to the Primary and Secondary DNS options and enter the following Blockless DNS numbers:
Primary DNS #: 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS #: 184.108.40.206
Once our DNS numbers are entered select “Continue”
- You will then be prompted to chose if you want the Proxy Server to be used so select “No”
- The next screen will ask you to select the BD-Live Setting, you can “Allow” this feature
- This is the final step where you will be asked if the connection is tested, select “No”, you should receive the message “The setting was completed. Please execute the connection test”, select “Finish” and you are good to go.
After you have completed setting up Blockless Smart DNS, make sure you restart your device. You may also need to power cycle your device, modem and router to ensure your DNS cache has been cleared.