This article shows you how to setup Blockless Smart DNS on Android Version 5.0 and above.
If you are using a previous version of Android please see this guide.
Step by Step Guide
- Navigate to "Settings" on your Android device.
- Tap "About Phone".
- Next tap "Status".
- Scroll to find the current IP assigned to your Android device, make a note of it.
- Press the return and go to the Wi-Fi settings of your device.
- Tap and hold the Wi-Fi connection you are currently connected to.
- Choose Modify network
- Check "Advanced Options" and scroll down.
- Click "IP Settings" and choose "Static".
- For IP address, type the IP that you noted in "Step 4"
- "Gateway IP" is usually the first IP in the IP range, for example, if the IP of your phone was 10.1.1.21, then Gateway IP would be 10.1.1.1. OR if it was 192.168.1.11, the Gateway IP would be 192.168.1.1.
Enter the Gateway IP
- Network Prefix length will be 24
- Enter the following DNS Numbers:
DNS 1: 18.104.22.168
DNS 2: 22.214.171.124
- Click "Save".
If this guide did not successfully configure your Android device to use Blockless Smart DNS then please follow the steps on our Android Mobile Setup here.