This article will explain how to setup Blockless Smart DNS on your Android device.
If you are using a newer version of Android please see this guide.
Step by Step Guide
- Navigate to "Settings" on your device.
- Next tap "Wireless and Networks".
- Select "Wi-Fi settings".
- Next tap Menu > "Advanced".
- Use static IP.
- Copy current IP address (few lines above) to IP address field.
- Set Gateway as router IP (usually the same as current IP except last number is .1, i.e. if your phone IP 192.168.2.130 then router's likely 192.168.2.1)
If you do not know how to find your router's IP address follow our guide here.
- Set "Netmask" 255.255.255.0
- Set DNS 1 and DNS 2 fields as per below:
- Menu > "Save"
- Restart your phone (power cycle). You should now have successfully configured your Android device.
Blockless Smart DNS is not recommended over 3G and connections from public "hot spots" are also often restricted
We know that it is possible to make it working through selected 3G providers, but it may require “rooting” or “jailbreaking” of your device. We won’t recommend this for regular users and won’t support this configuration (i.e. you’re on your own on this road)
If this guide did not successfully configure your Android device to use Blockless Smart DNS then please follow the steps on our Android Mobile Setup here.
Always make sure to restart your device after entering our DNS codes. If you are experiencing any issues with setup please contact our support at email@example.com.